CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Winner Takes It All!

“Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is." - Zig Ziglar



I was hell dumbfounded when my boss broke the news that I am nominated as a customer service professional of the year for the Contact Centre Association of Singapore. I didn’t question her of course. It is the management’s decision and who am I to revoke it? I have two months to prepare for the presentation. The big day will be on the 15th of August, in our PVI Room. I will be face to face with the 3 judges.

Time to shine!

This is the first time I will ever join an international competition, mind you, this is not just a contest. This one has something to do with my profession. Damn, how am I going to prove them that I deserve to win an award? With the exception of the fact that I am already an institution in the call centre industry. (8 long years and still counting! lolz) I know the minutiae of this industry, the “attitude” of a customer service professional, what else? My brain’s dead tired thinking of how to impress the judges. Why am I pressuring myself too much? Why? Well, for one, I want to bring home the bacon. Make my family and fellow Filipino proud, higher market value if ever I move to another company, and I can demand for a good compensation package. I am so into it.

While browsing the net, I came across with this quote by Zig Ziglar. I realized it’s not about winning. It’s all the effort you give to win the award. Being nominated itself made me winner. The trust given by the management is incomparable. I’m new in their organization, and yet they selected me to represent the company in this prestigious event. Perhaps they saw the real me while I perform my job with ease. It comes out naturally, my high spirit every time I serve our patrons, the way handle complicated situation and my attitude towards work. And so, I pull up the templates and complete the slides for my presentation and answered each question confidently. I firmly believe, this is indeed a winning answer.

By the way, the Big Big day will be on the 21st of November at the Ritz Carlton Hotel Millenia.



To be continued....




*For more information about the Contact Centre Association of Singapore, you may visit this site: http://www.ccas.org.sg/home.asp

0 comments: