CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

On Birthday Wishes...


Before I publish this blog, It is 59 days, 13 hours, 32 minutes and 20 seconds until Wednesday, October 22, 2008. My Birthday. I'm always excited for my birthday. Read on.

A very special friend of mine told me once, "Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true." I gave him a wry smile and said to myself , "Whatever!" (He hates hearing me say that word,by the way.) I do believe in wishes. Of course,who doesn't? But I never thought that every year, specially before my birthday, one of my many wishes will come to life.

It was six in the morning. The tenth of the tenth month. I just got off from work and getting ready to go home, I was outside the building with my colleagues, chit chatting and burning our lungs. We were talking about the usual stuff, how we ended day's work, our crappy experience in one of the calls we handled, our "hopes and wishes" in life. We hate mushy discussions and so we ended up talking about our plans in the next twelve months or so. I was telling them about one of my failed dream, almost a year ago. I perfectly know what went wrong and I'm the one to blame for it. It was an impulsive act and that incident caused a great upheaval in my life. Financial crisis, emotional distress, let's just say, I've been through the worse and a radical change of status came in a blink of an eye. But since the damage is done, the best thing that I can do is to straighten it up again, start from scratch, learn from my mistake and make up with the people I hurt and affected.

I stopped pondering for a while and then I silently wished for a miracle to happen.
Indeed, wishes do come true. I'll be spending my birthday here Singapore this year.

0 comments: